Gwyneth Paltrow slapped with copyright infringement lawsuit
Los Angeles: Actress Gwyneth Paltrow has been slapped with a copyright infringement lawsuit over her lifestyle website Goop.
Health expert Charles Platkin is suing Paltrow`s company, alleging that Goop infringed on his `Diet Detective` copyright by posting an article using that title, reportedly.
According to the legal papers filed in US District Court, Southern District of New York, Platkin claims that Goop engaged in `deliberate and unconscionable actions in infringing on Plaintiff`s trademarks` in a July 17, 2014 article.
Platkin, the author of various books under the Diet Detective name, claims that Goop violated his copyright and that all his requests to the company for reimbursements `for the value of infringed-upon trademark... Were all ignored and/or dismissed...`
He is seeking monetary damages and a jury trial and is asking a judge to bar bosses at the company from using his trademark again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled