Halle Berry stops Canadian auction
London: Academy-award winning actress Halle Berry has put a stop to a Canadian auction which was being publicised as a sale of her personal items.
The 46-year-old`s attorney released a cease-and-desist letter to The Montreal Auction House over the weekend, reported Contactmusic.
The letter notified the authorities that none of the four hundred belongings that are put out for auction were owned by Berry. Some of the things being auctioned include - hairbrush, nail clipper and an antique sofa.
The sale had been billed as an auction of Berry`s property but executives have promptly backtracked, explaining the collection actually belonged to the Oscar winner`s former partner Gabriel Aubry, the father of her daughter Nahla.
"No items were used by her (Berry), nor were any items provided by her or any agent of hers for the auction. We apologise to her, and to the public, for the error. All goods were and are the property of Mr Gabriel Aubry only," read a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmaker Trisha Ray directs Mahie Gill in 'Orphan Train'
- Emma Roberts to return for 'Scream Queens 2'
- Oh so sweet! 'Special visitor' Ranveer Singh meets Deepika Padukone in Toronto! - See pic
- Box Office clashes: 'Fitoor', 'Sanam Re', 'Deadpool' – Which one do you think got highest collections?
- Kanye West rants against Taylor Swift over lyric controversy
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Hug Day' in this unique way!