Halle Berry to testify on protecting children from paparazzi
Los Angeles: Actress Halle Berry is headed to Sacramento to testify in favor of new legislation, which would limit the paparazzi`s ability to photograph stars` children.
The bill - SB 606, written by Senator Kevin de Leon (D-Los Angeles) - aims to also protect the children of public officials, said the Hollywood Reporter.
It would modify the definition of the term harassment, currently meaning an activity that "seriously alarms, annoys, torments or terrorizes" a person, to also include recording or taking photographs of a child without the permission of a legal guardian.
The legislation would also ban "following the child`s activities or lying in wait" and targeting a child because of their parent`s line of work.
Berry, 46, who is currently pregnant with her second child, is a mother to 5-year-old daughter Nahla. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'