Handloom exhibition in Delhi
New Delhi: An array of Indian textiles and a demonstration to show the process behind the making of handlooms, are on display at an exhibition that began here Saturday.
The second edition of "Dastkar - Summer Weaves", a ten-day exhibition at Kisan Haat at Andheria Modh, has brought fresh weaves directly from the artisans, along with intricate embroideries and block prints to offer a melange of regional textiles.
Bandhani, a popular tie-dye technique from Rajasthan, chanderi and maheshwari cotton from Madhya Pradesh and banarasi silk from Uttar Pradesh are some of the weaves that are on display, said the organisers of the exhibition.
Apart from this, weaving demonstrations on a handloom, illustrating how a cloth evolves from fibres spun into yarns that combine one thread at a time to form the textile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!