Handloom exhibition in Delhi
New Delhi: An array of Indian textiles and a demonstration to show the process behind the making of handlooms, are on display at an exhibition that began here Saturday.
The second edition of "Dastkar - Summer Weaves", a ten-day exhibition at Kisan Haat at Andheria Modh, has brought fresh weaves directly from the artisans, along with intricate embroideries and block prints to offer a melange of regional textiles.
Bandhani, a popular tie-dye technique from Rajasthan, chanderi and maheshwari cotton from Madhya Pradesh and banarasi silk from Uttar Pradesh are some of the weaves that are on display, said the organisers of the exhibition.
Apart from this, weaving demonstrations on a handloom, illustrating how a cloth evolves from fibres spun into yarns that combine one thread at a time to form the textile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion