Harrison Ford`s film upsets gay rights activists
Chicago: Actor Harrison Ford`s latest movie ‘Ender`s Game’ hasn’t gone down well with gay rights activists, who have been urging people to boycott the film due to controversial views of the author behind the story.
The movie, which also stars Ben Kingsley and Abigail Breslin, is based on Orson Scott Card`s 1985 book of the same name. The film has been criticised by activists over Card’s opinion on gay marriage, reports contactmusic.com.
Card, an opponent of same-sex unions for many years, joined the board of America`s National Organization for Marriage in 2009. It was created to support California`s Proposition 8 legislation to ban gay marriage.
Activists from the Geeks Out campaign group have now launched an online drive called Skip Ender`s Game asking poeple to boycott the film.
A post on the campaign`s website reads: "Do not buy a ticket at the theatre, do not purchase the Dvd, do not watch it on-demand. Ignore all merchandise and toys. By pledging to Skip Ender`s Game, we can send a clear and serious message to Card and those that do business with his brand of anti-gay activism - whatever he`s selling, we`re not buying."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Deepika Padukone beats Kangana Ranaut? Here’s how
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?