Harrison Ford`s film upsets gay rights activists
Chicago: Actor Harrison Ford`s latest movie ‘Ender`s Game’ hasn’t gone down well with gay rights activists, who have been urging people to boycott the film due to controversial views of the author behind the story.
The movie, which also stars Ben Kingsley and Abigail Breslin, is based on Orson Scott Card`s 1985 book of the same name. The film has been criticised by activists over Card’s opinion on gay marriage, reports contactmusic.com.
Card, an opponent of same-sex unions for many years, joined the board of America`s National Organization for Marriage in 2009. It was created to support California`s Proposition 8 legislation to ban gay marriage.
Activists from the Geeks Out campaign group have now launched an online drive called Skip Ender`s Game asking poeple to boycott the film.
A post on the campaign`s website reads: "Do not buy a ticket at the theatre, do not purchase the Dvd, do not watch it on-demand. Ignore all merchandise and toys. By pledging to Skip Ender`s Game, we can send a clear and serious message to Card and those that do business with his brand of anti-gay activism - whatever he`s selling, we`re not buying."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!