Hats top Will and Kate’s travel gift list
London: Hats have been listed as the most popular gifts that were presented to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge during their overseas trips last year.
According to a list of gifts the royal couple were given on their first official overseas trip together in 2011, hats came on top.
They were presented with all manner of weird and wonderful mementos, but they received no fewer than 20 different types of headgear — from trendy baseball caps for William to elegant fascinators for Kate.
The pair, who are both keen horse riders, were also in receipt of a number of traditional cowboy hats during their travels.
Between them they received more than 200 gifts, including a wide range of traditional clothing, jewellery, books, photographs and ornaments.
Among the more quirky items were a pair of snow goggles fashioned from Caribou antlers, a hand-carved wooden salmon lure, a mosquito trap, a papier mache model of a cassowary bird and a jar of Vegemite.
But hats featured very highly on the gift list, with the 29-year-old Prince receiving a collection of baseball caps twice during his time in New Zealand.
When he travelled to Australia, he also received headgear, this time in the shape of a traditional Akubra hat.
The theme continued when the Prince and his wife travelled to North America in the summer.
As a search and rescue helicopter pilot with the RAF it was perhaps appropriate that the Duke was presented with a flying helmet by 12 Wing Shearwater, Royal Canadian Air Force.
He was also given another three baseball caps to add to his growing collection.
The 30-year-old Duchess also received a range of headgear on her travels, including a blue hat from a Canadian minister and two fascinators, one made of tartan and the other of peacock feathers, the Telegraph reported.
They also received cowboy hats from their Canadian hosts, which came in handy when they attended the Calgary Stampede rodeo.
The full list of gifts was published by Clarence House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess who? Karan Johar touched feet of THIS Bollywood star on sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'!
- Pratyusha Banerjee case: Parents allege bias in police probe
- Sanjay Dutt says 'Munnabhai 3' to release in 2018
- Robbie Williams launches own emojis
- Court order narrows pop icon Prince's potential heirs to six
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows