Helen Mirren attends gay festival as apology for ranting at drum band
London: Helen Mirren kept her promise to a drum band to watch them perform at a gay pride festival in order to make up for ranting at them.
The 67-year-old, who sported a pink attire for the event, told the band : "I said I`d be here and here I am," the Sun reported.
She also said that a "Dame always keeps her word."
The ` Hitchcock` star went to the festival to apologise to Batala London samba band after yelling at them for disturbing her performance at the Gielgud Theatre in London`s West End three weeks ago.
Mirren was at the As One In The Park event in East London with film-maker husband Taylor Hackford, 68.
Meanwhile, group member John Rowlands, 35, told the publication that Mirren was really sweet.
The source added that she loves them and the drumming, but just not outside her theatre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!