Helen Mirren meets British troops
London: Veteran actress Helen Mirren surprised a group of soldiers here over the weekend, applauding them for their work at the 2012 Olympics.
Troops were drafted in to assist security guards at Games` venues in the capital, and The "Queen" star was full of praise for their efforts when she met them at an event in Wapping, reported Daily Express.
"As a resident, I have loved having the troops here. It has been great to see Tobacco Dock full of people and we have felt so close to what was happening in the Olympic park. It has been a very special event," she said.
The sporting extravaganza officially ended on Aug 12 with a star-studded concert, featuring stars including the Spice Girls, The Who and One Direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh