Helen Mirren slams social media
Los Angeles: Actress Helen Mirren has branded all social media "distasteful" and says she deleted her Facebook profile after just a day of signing up.
The `Hundred-Foot Journey` actress, who is married to director Taylor Hackford, believes websites like Twitter can be useful for marketing and as a political "tool", but she won`t use them herself, suggest reports.
When asked if she is on Twitter or another form of social media, the 68-year-old actress said: "No, I`m not a social media person. It`s not that it upsets me, that`s not the right word, but I find it distasteful. But I see it as a great tool politically and obviously it`s a great marketing tool."
However, the `Queen` star admitted she once signed up for a Facebook account to keep in touch with her family. But she deleted her profile after just a day.
"Well, I did - I went on Facebook for about 24 hours because I have young members of my family and I travel a lot and I wanted to be in touch,” she said.
"But I found very rapidly - literally within 24 hours - that I just found it so intrusive and I didn`t want strangers wanting to become my friends. I just didn`t want that. There was something really scary about it and I didn`t like it at all,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!