Helen Mirren wants Elizabeth I artefact
Los Angeles: Award-winning actress Helen Mirren says she would love to own a handwritten note belonging to Queen Elizabeth I, whom she has portrayed on screen.
The 68-year-old, who played both Elizabeth I and reigning British queen, Elizabeth II on screen, believes it would be `incredible` to own something that was written by the famous royal, reports contactmusic.com.
Quizzed about an extravagant purchase she would like to make, she said: "I think that I`m inspired by... I think a hand-written parchment from Elizabeth 1st. I mean, to own a piece of history like that would be so incredible.
"Maybe one of her letters to her ambassadors, you know, rejecting the hand of the King of Spain or something like that would be great.``
Mirren played Queen Elizabeth I in 2005 British TV series `Elizabeth 1`, and she essayed Queen Elizabeth II in the 2006 big screen drama `The Queen`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!