Helen Mirren wins Glamour Icon award
London: Actress Helen Mirren received the Icon award at the Glamour Women of the Year ceremony. The award was presented by Helen`s latest co-star, Ryan Reynolds, who dubbed her the `Dame of Thrones`, reportedly.
The 68-year-old Oscar-winning actress gave an entertaining acceptance speech in which she declared that turning 70 was going to be awesome.
"There are a lot of really young women here who are very beautiful, incredibly talented, and I salute you and respect you all. I`m so proud to be a member of your sex," she said.
"Your 40s are good. Your 50s are great. Your 60s are fab. And 70 is awesome. I`m not quite there yet, but almost," she added.
Mirren and Reynolds are currently filming `Woman In Gold`, the true story of a Jewish woman who fought to retrieve her family`s Gustav Klimt paintings after they were stolen by the Nazis.
While presenting Mirren with the Glamour Icon award, Reynolds joked, "For most actors, painstaking preparation involves nothing more than spray tan and a big pile of coke. But this next honoree has shown me that those things just aren`t as important as I`d previously thought."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it