Henry Cavill compares `Superman` with gods
Los Angeles: Actor Henry Cavill, the new on-screen `Superman`, says "hope and goodness" are common between his superhero character and gods in Hindu mythology.
"India has a rich mythology and they`re both (Superman and Hindu mythology) rooted in the same thing - hope and goodness," Cavill said at a recent promotional event.
Cavill will debut as the caped Superman in forthcoming film "Man of Steel", releasing worldwide Friday. He plays Clark Kent in the film.
The actor had hit headlines when he was chosen to play the lead role in the film after stiff competition from the likes of Zac Efron, Matthew Goode and Armie Hammer during the auditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif's 'Jagga Jasoos' release delayed? Anurag Basu spills the beans
- Akshay Kumar shares favourite deleted scene from 'Jolly LL.B 2' - Watch
- Alia Bhatt-Varun Dhawan’s chemistry on Filmfare cover exhibits cuteness in abundance
- 'Rangoon' a competition among Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan, Kangana Ranaut: Kareena
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office