Here are 5 things that one must keep in mind during Shraaddha ritual
Here, we bring certain things that one must practice during Shraaddha
New Delhi: The period of Shraaddha or Śrāddha is going on which is a time when we pay homage to our ancestors. Also known as Pitru Paksha It lasts for around 16 days and during this time people make donations and perform rituals so that their ancestors can liberate from a vicious cycle of life and death and attain salvation.
Here, we bring certain things that one must practise during Śrāddha paksha:
- The time is not considered auspicious for new beginnings. Like if one is planning to start a new venture or buy a property or a car, etc all of these should be avoided during this time
- Even celebrating any major occasion should be avoided like marriages or any such grand event.
- During this time nonveg food is also prohibited.
- Perform Śrāddha rituals with utmost sincerity and no malice so that your earnest efforts can help your ancestors attain salvation.
- It is believed that the current generation performs rites of the three preceding generations by taking the name of their respective Gotra. Also, when you perform these rituals with all your heart and soul only then will you be able to pacify your ancestors (Pitrs), gods (Devas) and ghosts (Pretas) who will bless you with health, wealth, wisdom and most importantly salvation!