Here's how Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated!
Know how Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated!
New Delhi: Eid ul-Fitr or Eid is celebrated by the Muslim community across the globe towards the end of the holy month Ramadan. Muslims celebrate this holy day by breaking their thirty day- long fasting month with a grand celebration. They dress up in their best attire and greet each other wishing 'Eid Mubarak'!
Here's how Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated:
- Wake up early in the morning. Take a shower and get dressed up in your best attire.
- Men join community prayers which are conducted either in an open field or a large hall, while women offer their prayers with their folks at home.
- Muslims believe in giving Zakat al-Fitr to the poor which means giving charity to the needy towards the end of the holy month of Ramadan.
- People then exchange gifts with family and friends and greet each other with the grace of Allah by wishing 'Eid Mubarak'!
- After greeting and embracing each other, people gorge on sweet vermicelli (mithi sewayian), an Eid speciality.