New Delhi: Want to deck up your home with modern furniture? Opt for recliner or go for carpets and lights to make your abode look more modern, says an expert.
Swarup, Designer at Furlenco, Furniture Rental company, has rolled out ideas on furniture that can add a modern twist to your homes.
* Recliner: This is perfect for a corner in your house where you can spend hours reading your favourite book or binge-watching TV shows. Go for a classy, sophisticated looking lounger which is made of superlative fabric and suits all weather conditions.
* Queen size bed: Night time is when it gets really chilly and you want to leave behind all your worries and enjoy a good night's sleep curled up under a soft, comfy quilt. It is essential your mattress gives you a sense of tranquillity and a queen bed also promises maximum space; you can hoard extra fluffy pillow for a splendid good night's rest.
* Patio furniture: Wooden furniture is perfect for the outdoors but needs to be taken care of, since the weather can be harsh on the wood, the best way to avoid the ill-effects is to use furniture covers to protect your patio furniture from the weather conditions or paint your furniture if you see any signs of chipping or peeling.
* Plush three-seater sofa: The seating arrangement should be such that people feel welcome the moment they walk into your home and should sink right into the comfort of your sofa.
* Lights and carpets: Lamps of different sizes and dim lights around the house can make you feel at home in an instant. Yellow lights tend to spread warmth around the house. The floor is likely to get cool during winters. Lay down huge, plush carpets to avoid stepping on the chilly floor as they will keep your feet warm and snug.