Hindus pray for Japan quake-tsunami victims
Nevada: Distinguished Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA) today, called for prayers for the victims of Friday’s devastating 8.9-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan.
Zed, who is President of Universal Society of Hinduism, said: His heart and thoughts go to the victims’ families, injured, rescuers and relief workers. May God grant them strength, courage, comfort, and assistance.
Rajan Zed further said that he was full of sorrow for those who lost their lives in this calamity and urged other world religious leaders to join him in prayer for them. He appealed to the Japan Hindu community to wholeheartedly support the relief efforts and mobilize help for the affected.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated