How to be like Sachin Tendulkar?
Zee Media Bureau/ Gayatri Sankar
Mumbai: The nation is riding high on nostalgia with the culmination of a wonderful cricketing career of the legendary Sachin Tendulkar. The Wankhede stadium in Mumbai witnessed a glorious moment which had its share of agony and ecstasy.
Overwhelmed fans chanted “Sachin Sachin” with a lump in their throats and became a part of history. They lived a moment that they shall recall and cherish for the rest of their lives.
The Wankhede stadium, that also happens to be the master blaster’s home turf, saw the God of cricket, literally in tears as he bowed down to touch the pitch to seek its blessings.
The Prime Minister’s office Saturday decided to honour the prestigious Bharat Ratna to the sportsman, a tribute he undoubtedly deserves.
As Tendulkar took the lap of honour with the tricolour in his hands, every Indian held his head high in pride.
The legendary personality has set an example and has inspired millions across the globe.
Here’s taking a look at what we could do to be like the one and only SACHIN TENDULKAR:
1) Hard work: Sachin in his speech said that his coach Ramakant Achrekar made him do a lot of net practice. So one must work hard to taste the fruit.
2) Dedication: Sachin has been dedicated to the game of cricket. His dedication helped him complete 24 glorious years in the field.
3) Perseverance: A few poor knocks did not upset Sachin. He held on to himself and his abilities to put up best performances time and again.
4) Self Control: Sachin has always had his feet well grounded despite stardom and fame. He is a humble human being.
5) Patriotism: Sachin is a patriot to the core. He has served the nation in his own way and has brought laurels to India. His contribution to Indian cricket is matchless.
6) Humility: Sachin never had reservations playing under much younger and inexperienced captains.
7) Maturity: Sachin has always kept cool no matter how tense the situations were in the playing field. That speaks volumes about his maturity that has helped him reach thus far.
8) Rooted in tradition: The master blaster may have travelled across the globe and may have been influenced by varied cultures. But as he was living one of the most emotional moments of his life, the world saw Sachin talk about family values, importance of friends and well wishers in life. The gesture of bowing down to touch his home soil and then hold it close to his heart substantiates the fact that he is rooted in tradition.
9) Might: Sachin showed strength despite all odds and bounced back stronger despite career threatening injuries.
10)Fearless: The master blaster never feared no matter how strong his opponents were. His strength lay in his self-confidence and he nourished the talent within him by overpowering some of the world’s best bowlers of his times.