Hudson to testify at former brother-in-law`s murder trial?
Los Angeles: Hollywood actress Jennifer Hudson is expected to attend and testify at the trial of a man accused of killing her mother, brother and nephew in 2008. The singer and actress, 30, is on the witness list and, once testimony begins, is expected to appear regularly at the trial of William Balfour, her former brother-in-law, which begins Monday in Chicago with jury selection, a leading news channel has reported.
Balfour was estranged from wife Julia, Jennifer`s sister, at the time of the killings. He is charged with fatally shooting Hudson`s brother Jason, her mother Darnell Donerson, and Julia`s seven-year-old son Julian King, allegedly in a jealous rage over what he thought was another man in Julia`s life.
Balfour has pleaded not guilty, and his lawyer has said there is no forensic evidence tying him to the murders. Hudson, who won an Oscar for ‘Dreamgirls’ in 2006, has not often discussed the murders. She first spoke up publicly in 2010, saying the tragedy "was surreal... It was like I was outside of myself."
"I`d pray when I get up in the morning, and pray before I lay down at night. If I didn`t, I`d wake up depressed," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show