Hugh Jackman fears heart attack
London: `The Wolverine` star Hugh Jackman is worried he might suffer a heart attack because of the diet and training regime he has to undergo to prepare for his role in the film.
The 44-year-old actor, who stars as the titular character in superhero spin-off `The Wolverine`, said the diet he has to stick to when he gets in shape for the role worries him because he knows it`s not good, reported Conatctmusic.
"It`s not good for me to eat 6,000 calories a day. I have to eat a dozen eggs every day. The only way varying the diet works is eating chicken.
I know there are vegan body builders but chicken is what works for me. Lots and lots of chicken ... I worry I`ll have a heart attack," Jackman said.
The star has to undertake a huge workout regime - which he hates - every time he plays the mutant and he said he thought people pushing themselves so hard for a similar goal were idiots.
"I used to go to the gym and see these guys pumping iron and I thought they were idiots. In what situation could you need to bench 350 pounds? I never understood the addiction, it`s just painful. But that`s what I do to become Wolverine," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know why ‘Dheere Dheere’ featuring Hrithik Roshan, Sonam Kapoor is a massive hit!
- Smiling selfie of a separating couple has gone viral
- Welcome Back movie review: Want to crack a rib with laughter fit? Watch it!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan visits 'critical' Aadesh Shrivastava
- Know when ‘Bigg Boss 9’ will go on air