I am not a perfect mother: Maggie Gyllenhaal
Los Angeles: Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal says she makes much less parenting mistakes than she used to but she still isn`t perfect.
The `White House Down` actress has daughter Ramona, six and 14-month-old Gloria Ray with husband Peter Sarsgaard, reported People magazine.
"When my first daughter was born, I remember going out without a diaper and she had pooped all over herself. I had nothing to change her into, nothing to clean her with. I don`t know why no one told me I would need a diaper bag," Gyllenhaal said.
"I feel like having things thought through actually let`s you be a much more relaxed and cool mother. I have learned to have things together, and always check my bag before I leave the door," she added.
Gyllenhaal also baby proofed her home, which helps her to feel more relaxed about parenthood.
"If you baby proof, you can relax. Like the kitchen area in my house. I know that if I close the bathroom door, then there is pretty much nothing that my daughter can get into that will be harmful.
"She can fall down and bump her head, but that is part of being alive and that`s okay. But there is nothing around anymore that she can choke on or burn herself on. I did that so I don`t have to constantly watch," Gyllenhaal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- The Crew movie review: Visually rich, entertaining
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof
- THIS actress is playing Maanayata in Sanjay Dutt biopic!