I am very critical of my own work: Idris Elba
Los Angeles: Actor Idris Elba says he has only seen a few episodes of `The Wire`, with which he rose to fame, as he is very critical of his work.
The 41-year-old actor, who played a drug-dealing businessman Russell Bell in the show, has seen only a handful of episodes of the HBO series, reported TMZ online.
"I have seen a full episode at screenings but never at home. I have never watched an entire season. I have not seen any episode of season two, most of season three and none of seasons four and five. I am super critical of my own work," Elba said.
The `Obsessed` star also feels that an actor should always strive for excellence.
"As an actor, if you are being told how wonderful you are, what do you need to strive for? I don`t know if I`m good just because some critic says I am in the press," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varun Dhawan in Zoya Akhtar’s 'Gully Boy'? Here's the truth
- Bigg Boss 10: Gauahar Khan thanks Salman Khan for giving advice to Bani J
- Dashavatar: 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s latest gym video will inspire you to remain fit and healthy
- Release date of Aamir Khan's 'Secret Superstar' revealed!