I am very critical of my own work: Idris Elba
Los Angeles: Actor Idris Elba says he has only seen a few episodes of `The Wire`, with which he rose to fame, as he is very critical of his work.
The 41-year-old actor, who played a drug-dealing businessman Russell Bell in the show, has seen only a handful of episodes of the HBO series, reported TMZ online.
"I have seen a full episode at screenings but never at home. I have never watched an entire season. I have not seen any episode of season two, most of season three and none of seasons four and five. I am super critical of my own work," Elba said.
The `Obsessed` star also feels that an actor should always strive for excellence.
"As an actor, if you are being told how wonderful you are, what do you need to strive for? I don`t know if I`m good just because some critic says I am in the press," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- It's a 'happy-sad feeling' for Anushka Sharma as 'Phillauri' shoot comes to an end!
- Spirituality helps you transform into a better human – Here’s how
- Say Whaaat! Winners of Sunny Leone, Rannvijay Singha's 'Splitsvilla 9' already decided?
- Attention TV lovers, we have a good news for 'Sarabhai vs Sarabhai' fans! - Read more
- Audrey Hepburn letters sell at auction for 11,250 pounds