I have traumatic childhood memories: Kelly Brook
London: Actress Kelly Brook has revealed that she has violent and horrific memories from her childhood.
Brook, 35, opened up about her younger days in her autobiography and has said she was a witness to regular fights between her parents, reportedly.
"I used to dread the weekends growing up. Sundays especially. Sunday was pub day. We used to have a roast dinner every Sunday, and every other Sunday it would be burnt. There would be a fight and the police would be called. Or my dad would drive off in his truck," she wrote on her her book 'Kelly Brook-Close Up'.
The actress admits she remembers one occasion when the police took her father, who died from cancer in 2007, away kicking and screaming.
"One of the worst times was when my dad came back from the pub and started throwing furniture around, while Mum and I huddled out of the way.
"My mother, Sandra, called the police and my dad, Kenneth, tried to climb out of the window to escape. He broke his leg trying to avoid them and they had to carry him down the stairs... It was one of the most traumatic events in my childhood," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!