I`m no film star: Liev Schreiber
London: Actor Liev Schreiber doesn`t think of himself as a movie star because he has made his career from supporting roles.
The 46-year-old actor, who has sons Alexander, nicknamed Sasha, and Samuel with long-term partner Naomi Watts, thinks he`s not in the same league as other Hollywood actors and would describe himself first and foremost as a parent, reported Contactmusic.
"I`m flattered but that seems like a bit of a stretch. When I hear that term, I think about people like Johnny Depp or Angelina Jolie. Actually, I think of people like Gary Cooper, Bette Davis, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant. I mean, I act, I`m a parent, I`m an entrepreneur. I don`t know if you have anyone anymore who is exclusively a movie star," he said.
Despite having graced the screen in big budget movies with the likes of Meryl Streep and Hugh Jackman, Schreiber is happy to take a backseat and prefers to accept supporting roles.
"I made a career out of being a supporting actor. I enjoy the process of understanding a script, breaking it down, figuring out where my part fits in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages
- Spirituality: Steps to cleanse your home of negative energy
- Want better sex? Play the music loud tonight
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!