I`m not a conventional parent: Jada Pinkett Smith
Los Angeles: Actress Jada Pinkett Smith says good parenting requires trust.
The 42-year-old actress, who has two children with actor husband Will Smith, said she is proud of how she has raised her daughter Willow, 13, reportedly.
"I`m not a conventional parent, which I take a lot of pride in. I don`t just sit with Willow and go, `Hey, this is what Mommy thinks. Let me just bring in a little reality to validate what Mommy`s been talking to you about`. What I do with Willow is I give her the opportunity to be empowered by having herself first," she said.
Pinkett Smith said she wants her kids to be happy and themselves. "I want my kids to be happy and I want them to be themselves. I was saying to a friend the other day, `Remember, our kids are not us.` They`re not. Sometimes we`re trying to fix things that happened to us or projecting (onto them), and that`s a terrible, terrible trap," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!