I`m not a social network genius: Courtney Love
Los Angeles: Singer Courtney Love has asked advisors to help her with social networking after a number of online disasters.
The Hole star, who was embroiled in a lawsuit over her Twitter page last year, admits she is not a social network genius and has been relying on others for help with her online identity, reports contactmusic.com.
"I`m not a social network genius, as evidenced by being the first and only person ever to have a Twitter lawsuit. At the time that lawsuit happened, I didn`t even really fully get what Twitter was for or how it worked," said Love.
"I know this investor guy who`s very serious about Twitter and he lectures me like, `Oh no, you should only tweet on certain days at certain times, and you should only have a certain amount of people who can follow you`... What? There are so many rules," she added.
"I have a girl who helps me with it. I can`t do that by myself," she said.
Love admits she also looked into hiring a company to remove negative stories about her from the web. But she gave up the idea when she found out the price of the service.
"My online persona is a disaster - that`s not me. You can ask for help from these companies that supposedly remove stuff from the internet for you, but they`re hilarious."
"(One company) said they were going to charge me $250,000 per one page of results. A quarter-million dollars per page? Are they joking? I`m in entertainment, I can take all the s**t you throw at me to some extent. But $250,000 to alter the c**p out there about you on the internet is just absurd," she said.
Love was sued by a fashion designer in 2011. She was accused of defaming the designer in a series of angry posts on Twitter. The case was reportedly settled for 286,700 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- 'Online purchase of sexual wellness products more preferred in Tier III cities'
- Janmashtami celebrated with traditional fervour across India