I respect young actors: Robert De Niro
London: Veteran Hollywood actor Robert De Niro has cited younger actors Jennifer Lawrence, Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio as inspirations to him.
The 69-year-old Academy Award-winning star, who will be next seen in "Silver Linings Playbook" opposite Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, has revealed a list of actors he admires, reported a website.
"The actors I respect are Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio... Daniel Day-Lewis is a wonderful actor. Jennifer Lawrence is wonderful. She`s got a great energy," De Niro said.
Lawrence herself commented in a previous interview that she doesn`t find the Hollywood legend intimidating.
When the actor was asked whether it was true that the industry does not make movies like they used to, he said, "I don`t know. When I was in my early 20s, there weren`t many independent films. Now there are a lot more, so it gives more opportunity for actors and everybody else."
De Niro also recently said that he has no desire to retire from movies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated