I wanted to be a ballerina: Cheryl Fernandez-Versini
London: Former `Girls Aloud` singer Cheryl Fernandez-Versini has revealed she wanted to be a ballerina when she was young.
The 31-year-old star said her dreams of becoming a ballerina broke when she was made to feel like an outsider during her weekly ballet lessons, reportedly.
"I wanted to be a ballerina. I did ballet from that young. And then I went to the Royal Ballet (summer school) when I was nine or 10. I hated it and squashed the dream. It wasn`t me. I didn`t fit in.
"I had to be sponsored to go there because my parents couldn`t afford to send us there, and everyone else was obviously... Basically I was a bit of an outcast," she said.
Cheryl, who has gone on to have a successful singing career, believes her social status played a role in her feeling uncomfortable in class.
"It was the first time I`d ever felt class. I didn`t know what it was. Everyone around was normal to me. There was this thing, and we were all on the same level...I didn`t understand it. I just knew it was different. And that they were looking down their noses, if you like," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself