I was an exceptionally mature child: Dakota Fanning
New York: `Twilight` star Dakota Fanning has opened up about her younger days and says one of the downsides of becoming a child star is seeing people "think they know you".
Fanning, 20, who shot to fame after appearing in 2003`s "Uptown Girls" opposite the late Brittany Murphy, has frequently appeared in roles well beyond her years, reportedly.
"Because people saw me grow up, there`s this weird sort of ownership that they feel for me and that is... Difficult.
"Because it`s not real; it`s in their minds. People don`t know me as much as they think they do. I`ll be walking down the street and someone will say hello, and I`ll go, `Oh, hi!` I`ll think I must know this person if they said hello, but then you realize, you don`t know them," she said.
Fanning said that she is looking forward to directing and producing now. "It`s very hard to find a movie about a strong woman ? one that doesn`t have anything to do with a guy or the love of a guy or the heartbreak of a guy. Is that the only crisis that women deal with: love and loss of love and sadness? There`s more to life than that," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- Fawad Khan to romance Deepika Padukone in Ranveer Singh starrer 'Padmavati'?
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside