I was an exceptionally mature child: Dakota Fanning
New York: `Twilight` star Dakota Fanning has opened up about her younger days and says one of the downsides of becoming a child star is seeing people "think they know you".
Fanning, 20, who shot to fame after appearing in 2003`s "Uptown Girls" opposite the late Brittany Murphy, has frequently appeared in roles well beyond her years, reportedly.
"Because people saw me grow up, there`s this weird sort of ownership that they feel for me and that is... Difficult.
"Because it`s not real; it`s in their minds. People don`t know me as much as they think they do. I`ll be walking down the street and someone will say hello, and I`ll go, `Oh, hi!` I`ll think I must know this person if they said hello, but then you realize, you don`t know them," she said.
Fanning said that she is looking forward to directing and producing now. "It`s very hard to find a movie about a strong woman ? one that doesn`t have anything to do with a guy or the love of a guy or the heartbreak of a guy. Is that the only crisis that women deal with: love and loss of love and sadness? There`s more to life than that," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Phillauri box office report: Anushka Sharma's 'ghostly' avatar mints Rs 19 cr so far!
- Bob Dylan to receive Nobel prize in Stockholm at weekend: Academy
- Rajinikanth fans to meet on April 2 for brainstorming meet
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz teaser poster: Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer has a rustic feel to it!