I was so confused before I had kids: Reese Witherspoon
Los Angeles: Actress Reese Witherspoon, a mother of three, says that motherhood helped her in knowing herself better.
The actress has a 14-year-old daughter Ava and nine-year-old son Deacon with actor Ryan Phillippe, and 12-month-old son Tennessee with husband Jim Toth.
Femalefirst.co.uk reports that the actress told Elle magazine that having children helped her understand herself better.
"I feel like I was so confused before I had kids, I almost got in my own way. Having kids made me clearer about who I was as a woman," she said.
She further added: "I just wanted to exhibit good qualities for my daughter. I was a little competitive before I had kids - probably really competitive, to be honest. It really made me let go of that."
The 37-year-old is currently producing director Philippe Falardeau`s new film ‘The Good Lie’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- Priyanka Chopra to go 'Live With Kelly' once again
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Abu Azmi backs Salman Khan, says Shiv Sena indulging in 'theatrics'
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside