Indian men, women want cricket crazy partners: Survey
New Delhi: Post the recently concluded Indian Premier League (IPL), Indian men and women are looking to settle down with partners who are interested in cricket, indicates a survey.
As many as 32.8 percent Indian men, who were surveyed by online matrimony site shaadi.com after the IPL, admitted they would prefer a partner who loves cricket.
The study was conducted among millions of Shaadi.com member profiles. The insight suggests that pre-IPL, 20.2 percent Indian men were seeking brides who are interested in cricket, whereas the figure shot up to 32.8 percent after the cricket extravaganza came to an end.
The IPL fever seems to have gripped a lot of Indian women too. While only 11.4 percent women were earlier looking for grooms who liked to watch cricket, post the IPL, that figure has jumped to 23.07 percent.
Also, the trend was noticed more in profiles that were self-created, than the ones created by parents, said a statement.
In another survey conducted by Shaadi.com, 53.22 percent of Indian women surveyed voted cricketer Virat Kohli as the `Most Eligible Bachelor` of the sixth edition of IPL, while 61 percent women chose Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the `Most Desirable Man` and Bret Lee was named the `Most Eligible International Player` by 59.62 percent women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar wishes to embrace parenthood, says he has nurturing quality!
- OK Jaanu collections: Shraddha Kapoor and Aditya Roy Kapur starrer mints Rs 15 cr!
- Aamir Khan supports 'Dangal' actress Zaira Wasim; says 'you are a role model for me'!
- Deepika Padukone's 'Piku' shattered my misconceptions about Bollywood, says 'xXx...' director
- Vidya Balan's 'Tumhari Sulu' will show her naughty side!