Indian men, women want cricket crazy partners: Survey
New Delhi: Post the recently concluded Indian Premier League (IPL), Indian men and women are looking to settle down with partners who are interested in cricket, indicates a survey.
As many as 32.8 percent Indian men, who were surveyed by online matrimony site shaadi.com after the IPL, admitted they would prefer a partner who loves cricket.
The study was conducted among millions of Shaadi.com member profiles. The insight suggests that pre-IPL, 20.2 percent Indian men were seeking brides who are interested in cricket, whereas the figure shot up to 32.8 percent after the cricket extravaganza came to an end.
The IPL fever seems to have gripped a lot of Indian women too. While only 11.4 percent women were earlier looking for grooms who liked to watch cricket, post the IPL, that figure has jumped to 23.07 percent.
Also, the trend was noticed more in profiles that were self-created, than the ones created by parents, said a statement.
In another survey conducted by Shaadi.com, 53.22 percent of Indian women surveyed voted cricketer Virat Kohli as the `Most Eligible Bachelor` of the sixth edition of IPL, while 61 percent women chose Mahendra Singh Dhoni as the `Most Desirable Man` and Bret Lee was named the `Most Eligible International Player` by 59.62 percent women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- These power-packed dialogues are the soul of Salman Khan's 'Sultan' trailer!
- Kuch toh gadbad hai! CID taking a short break?
- Acting gives me a kick: Radhika Apte
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Mahabharata’s Bhima is related to Lord Hanuman – Here’s how
- Have your tried this colour-changing cake? Watch here!