Indo-African film collaborations crucial: Souleymane Cisse
Thiruvananthapuram: African filmmaker Souleymane Cisse says young filmmakers and artists from India and Africa should come forward and collaborate for movies.
Delivering the Aravindan Memorial Lecture at Nila Theatre Tuesday, Cisse also described his journey from his childhood, when he dreamt of films everyday, to his time at the Moscow Film School and then when he returned to Mali.
The filmmaker`s movie `Waati` was screened Dec 9 at the ongoing 17th International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK), and he said it made him proud.
The festival kicked off Dec 7 and will go on till Dec 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success