Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani exiled over nude photoshoot
London: An Iranian actress has been banned from returning to her homeland after appearing naked in a photoshoot for a French magazine.
Golshifteh Farahani, co-star of the 2008 spy drama ‘Body of Lies’ with Leonardo DiCaprio, had moved from native Iran to Paris a year ago.
She appeared in the news magazine ‘Madame Le Figaro’ in protest against the ultra-conservative cultural policies, which she claims are restricting Iran’s film industry.
“I was told by a Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guide official that Iran does not need any actors or artists and ‘you may offer your artistic services somewhere else’,” the Independent quoted her as saying.
Meanwhile, she got praise from some fans for her courage in tackling a taboo subject among Muslim women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Supreme Court directs actor Rajpal Yadav to undergo 6-day jail term
- The wedding trailer of Divyanka Tripathi-Vivek Dahiya is beautiful in all possible ways- WATCH magic taking over!
- Post her lip-kiss spree with Ranveer Singh in 'Befikre' THIS is what Vaani Kapoor has to say about kissing- READ
- Arjun Rampal cannot get enough of Sidharth Malhotra-Katrina Kaif's 'Kala Chashma'
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows