Isla Fisher nearly drowned during filming `Now You See Me`
London: Actress Isla Fisher will never perform her own stunts on a movie set again after almost drowning while shooting new film `Now You See Me`.
The `Great Gatsby` star plays an illusionist who performs underwater tricks in the film but one tank stunt went awry when chains keeping her below the surface became tangled, leaving Fisher in a very dangerous position, reported Daily Star.
"Why would Tom Cruise not get a stuntman...? It is so crazy. You`re under there, my chain got stuck; I had to really swim to the bottom (of the water tank), I couldn`t get up.
"Everyone thought I was acting fabulously; I was actually drowning. All I kept thinking about... I was picturing myself, like, having an autopsy later, bloated and gross in a swimming costume. Who wants to die in a swimming costume? There was a quick release switch and there was a stunt guy standing by with a canister of oxygen, but no one realised I was actually struggling... I just would practice at traffic lights - when it was red," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat!
- Why the Indian film fraternity obsessed with the Oscars, asks Manoj Kumar