Isla Fisher nearly drowned during filming `Now You See Me`
London: Actress Isla Fisher will never perform her own stunts on a movie set again after almost drowning while shooting new film `Now You See Me`.
The `Great Gatsby` star plays an illusionist who performs underwater tricks in the film but one tank stunt went awry when chains keeping her below the surface became tangled, leaving Fisher in a very dangerous position, reported Daily Star.
"Why would Tom Cruise not get a stuntman...? It is so crazy. You`re under there, my chain got stuck; I had to really swim to the bottom (of the water tank), I couldn`t get up.
"Everyone thought I was acting fabulously; I was actually drowning. All I kept thinking about... I was picturing myself, like, having an autopsy later, bloated and gross in a swimming costume. Who wants to die in a swimming costume? There was a quick release switch and there was a stunt guy standing by with a canister of oxygen, but no one realised I was actually struggling... I just would practice at traffic lights - when it was red," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Teresa Giudice slammed for bikini pics of underage daughters