London: Women get old at 28 when careers become more important than their sex lives, a new survey has found.
Almost half of all respondents in the survey said that 28 was the age they considered to be when they stop being ‘young’ and finally grow up. Respondents were also asked to
nominate the ten most popular changes in behaviour which show that you are no longer young.
The most popular answer was the fact that your career becomes more important than your sex life while the second most popular reason was that you prefer listening to Radio 2 rather than Radio 1.
Another key pointer to show that you have left your youth behind is that you have no idea what is number one on the charts.
According to the findings, Katy Perry has just over a week left of her youth as she will turn 28 on October 25, Keira Knightley only has a few months to go as she turns 28 in March next year and Cheryl Cole is already fast heading to middle age as she turned 29 in June.
Dating site www.SeekingArrangement.com polled 1,000 male and female members to find out exactly when youth ends.
A total 37 percent of women and 39 percent of men nominated 28 as the key age when you are no longer young.
The second most popular answer was 30 - chosen by 27 percent of women and 24 percent of men.
Presenter Claire Craig, 27, admitted that people’s attitudes change in their mid to late 20s.
“I remember when I was kid always being asked: ‘What are you going to do when you grow up?” the Daily Mail quoted Craig as saying.
“I always used to wonder, ‘At what age are you grown up?’
“And I think this survey has provided the right answer - 28 seems about right.
“I guess I better enjoy my youth while I still have it, because I only have a few months before my 28th birthday.
“There are all sorts of reasons which show we are grown up and they all really point to us wanting more stability and less chaos in our lives.
“Suddenly having a one-night stand doesn’t seem like a good idea. You would rather meet someone special,” she added.
10 signs you are truly grown up:
• Your career is more important than your sex life.
• You switch from listening to Radio 1 to Radio 2.
• You want to buy a property rather than rent.
• You have no idea what is number 1 in the charts.
• You start looking for a husband or wife rather a boyfriend or girlfriend.
• You prefer Strictly Come Dancing to X Factor.
• You would rather go on holiday with a person you are in a relationship with than a group of friends.
• You would rather cook for yourself than rely on a ready meal or takeaway.
• You would rather live on your own than share a flat or house.
• You stop going to nightclubs.