It's official: ‘Mo(a)nday’ is the most miserable day of the week
London: One in three people hate Monday’s more than any other day of the week, a new survey has found.
More than half of us will constantly complain today, particularly in the morning, the report said.
The average respondent in the survey spent 34 minutes moaning on a Monday morning, compared to just 22 minutes during the rest of the week.
Some of the most common reasons included dreading the working week ahead, over-indulging over the weekend or having a mountain of emails to catch up with.
Other explanations in the top ten of Monday moans included feeling tired and taking a while to get back into ‘work mode’.
“Feeling a bit down and under the weather is a common Monday morning problem,” the Daily Mail quoted a spokesman for Flomax Relief, which conducted the research of 2,000 adults as saying.
“In fact, the average respondent moans for around 34 minutes on a Monday morning, compared to just 22 minutes during the rest of the week.
“And while people continue to grumble about aches and pains, heavy workloads and tiredness the rest of the week, Mondays tend to be when people suffer most,” he added.
TOP 10 ‘MONDAY MOANS’
1. You dread your working week
2. You always feel more tired on a Monday than any other day
3. You’re already missing the weekend
4. It takes you a while to get back into work
5. You had too many late nights over the weekend
6. You over-indulged on food and drink at the weekend
7. You had a particularly active couple of days
8. You always have a mountain of emails to catch up on
9. You spent much of the weekend travelling around
10. You always feel a bit poorly on a Monday
Other work related complaints include contending with a slow booting computer, getting stuck in traffic on the way to the office and the feeling that you are trying to keep everyone happy.