James Bond`s iconic Aston Martin gets German makeover
Melbourne: James Bond`s default choice of four-wheeled gadgetry, Aston Martin, is set to join forces with Mercedes-Benz`s AMG division to supply engines for its next-generation of sports cars.
The British manufacturer of luxury sports cars has confirmed that it has signed a letter of intent to enter into a technical partnership with the German company that will shore-up its future power- train strategy, the News.com.au reported.
The two companies plan to formalise the agreement before the end of the year.
The agreement would see Aston Martin use AMG engines in future versions of its Vantage, Vanquish and DB9 coupes/convertibles and the Rapide four-door sedan.
In its press release, Martin admitted that it would only source V8 engines from the AMG and will also source electronic components and systems from Mercedes-Benz cars as part of the agreement.
Mercedes, which is one of the few car companies in the world with the financial and technical power that Aston Martin needs, will acquire a five percent stake in the British brand without a cash investment and place an observer on the company`s board of management, in return to its services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why