James Franco feels selfies helps to familiarise people
London: Hollywood actor James Franco feels that selfies are important as they help in familiarising with the unknown people in an easier way.
The 35 year-old actor is an active user of the social networking sites, and sporadically shares selfies from various moments of his life, reported Contactmusic.
"Attention is power. And if you are someone people are interested in, then the selfie provides something very powerful, from the most privileged perspective possible," Franco wrote in a column.
The `127 Hours` star compared selfies to the movie industry, "I`ve found that Instagram works much like the movie business" said Franco.
"You`re safe if you trade `one for them` with `one for yourself,` meaning for every photo of a book, painting or poem, I try to post a selfie with a puppy, a topless selfie or a selfie with Seth Rogen, because these are all things that are generally liked," he said.
"I am actually turned off when I look at an account and don`t see any selfies, because I want to know whom I`m dealing with" he wrote. "In our age of social networking, the selfie is the new way to look someone right in the eye and say, `Hello, this is me," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Amitabh Bachchan hails Yuvraj Singh, calls him an exceptional champ!
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!