James McAvoy considered career in the navy
London: `X-Men: First Class` star James McAvoy considered becoming a sailor before becoming an actor.
The 34-year-old actor, who has had a phenomenal on-screen career, said before he decided on life as a thespian he considered sailing the seas with the British Navy, reported Contactmusic.
"I considered joining the navy at one point, it was either the navy or drama school. But luckily I got into drama school, I only applied for one and thankfully I got in ... Otherwise I would not be sitting here! I never really considered being an actor... Until I was working as an actor strangely enough," he said.
Although McAvoy is very proud of his career and loves his job, he admits there are some extra-curricular activities that go with his profession that he does not enjoy.
"I don`t like working out for films, I generally kind of get really annoyed with it. Although, for the last couple of months I`ve been going to the gym and liking it... Oh my gosh, shock horror for me!," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adult film actress Jessica Drake accuses Donald Trump of sexual misconduct
- Happy that protests against Karan Johar's movie are over: Madhur Bhandarkar on 'ADHM' row
- Children helping Angelina Jolie to rethink divorce tactics from Brad Pitt
- Here's how to get glowing skin this Diwali
- Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis—Here's why