Jane Lynch shocked by Lara Embry`s spousal support demand
Los Angeles: Actress Jane Lynch is shocked ever since Lara Embry, a doctor, has demanded a whopping $93,000 a month in spousal support. The two ended their three-year gay marriage early this year.
They married in 2010 in Maine, where gay marriage is legal. Later, they petitioned the courts to have their partnership recognised in their home state of California.
"At the time, Jane’s friends and family suggested she get Lara to sign a pre-nuptial agreement, but Jane didn’t feel she needed one," showbizspy.com quoted a source as saying.
"Although she was making a lot of dough on (TV show) `Glee`, she felt that because Lara was a successful clinical psychologist, money wouldn’t be an issue. But when the two separated in February, Lara went for the jugular. Jane is just plain shocked," added the source.
Embry may get half the value of Lynch’s $5 million home here. The actress already owned it when they wed, and she shelled out $3 million to make it more comfortable for Embry and her now-11-year-old daughter Haden.
"Jane was prepared to hand over half of the money she made during the marriage, but she never dreamed Lara would ask for so much, especially the spousal support,” said the source.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Raees' promotion by train: Huge crowd erupts at Vadodara to see Shah Rukh Khan; 1 reported dead in lathicharge
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'