Jared Leto found hometown `oppressive`
London: Oscar-winning actor Jared Leto does not feel connected to where he grew up and is glad he escaped from his hometown Bossier City.
Leto, 42, said that they escaped from the place at an early age because it was oppressive, reportedly.
"We escaped early on. It`s very oppressive. We would go back for the summers and stay with our grandmother, though. So the culture was always there that we returned to.
"We moved around every couple of years growing up. Way up to north Massachusetts. Everywhere. But no matter where we were it was a very creative environment around artists. That is obviously an important reason that Shannon (brother) and I are pursuing the path that we are now," he said.
The `30 Seconds to Mars` rockers also insist they are not adverse to defining themselves as "queer" without it being a sexual term but a cultural one.
"I don`t think we`d care at all. We certainly identify with people who are different."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys