Javed Akhtar sends last telegrams to grandkids
Mumbai: Writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar has sent his "last telegrams" to his grandchildren, and his wife, actor-activist Shabana Azmi hopes they "treasure" them as the age-old telegram service is reportedly coming to an end July 15.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has decided to discontinue the 160-year-old telegram service.
"Javed (Akhtar) just sent his last telegrams to both grandchildren. Hope they will treasure them. Pure nostalgia for us and some sadness," tweeted Shabana.
Akhtar was previously married to film writer Honey Irani. He has two children with her - actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and filmmaker Zoya Akhtar.
Farhan is married to hairstylist Adhuna, and together, they have two children named Shakya and Akira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check