Javed Akhtar sends last telegrams to grandkids
Mumbai: Writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar has sent his "last telegrams" to his grandchildren, and his wife, actor-activist Shabana Azmi hopes they "treasure" them as the age-old telegram service is reportedly coming to an end July 15.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) has decided to discontinue the 160-year-old telegram service.
"Javed (Akhtar) just sent his last telegrams to both grandchildren. Hope they will treasure them. Pure nostalgia for us and some sadness," tweeted Shabana.
Akhtar was previously married to film writer Honey Irani. He has two children with her - actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and filmmaker Zoya Akhtar.
Farhan is married to hairstylist Adhuna, and together, they have two children named Shakya and Akira.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attention Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol! Watch – Belly dancers give new twist to ‘Tujhe Dekha To Yeh Jana Sanam’
- Drake praises 'beautiful' Rihanna on stage
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani
- So cute! Check out Ajay Devgn, Kajol’s rare PDA moment
- Top 10 hair hacks every girl should know! Watch video