Javier Bardem plays neo-Nazi in film
Madrid: After portraying the most twisted villain in the history of the James Bond franchise, Javier Bardem plays a neo-Nazi in ‘Alacran enamorado’ (‘Scorpion in Love’), a film based on the novel of the same name by his older brother Carlos.
"I fixed on several people to compose the tone and appearance of Solis," the Oscar-winning actor said at a press conference in Madrid with the rest of the team behind the film, which opens in Spain this Friday.
The cast includes Carlos Bardem, who co-wrote the screenplay with director Santiago Zannou, and Alex Gonzalez as Julian, a.k.a. the Scorpion, member of a violent neo-Nazi group led by Solis.
Set in contemporary Spain, the story follows Julian`s transformation under the tutelage of boxing coach Carlomonte (Carlos Bardem).
The angry young fascist "becomes the man he wants to be", in Gonzalez`s words, and falls in love with Alyssa, a mixed-race Latin American immigrant portrayed by Judith Diakhate.
"All the boxing in the film is genuine," Carlos Bardem said, adding that the movie uses the ring as a "metaphor for life: it doesn`t matter that they knock you down, you get up to keep fighting".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys