Jay-Z, Beyonce`s Cuba trip causes stir
Los Angeles: Rapper Jay-Z and his pop star wife Beyonce Knowles have caused a stir for vacationing in Cuba.
The high profile couple recently visited Cuba on a holiday trip and also posted a photograph.
Mauricio Claver-Carone, the DC director for the US-Cuba Democracy PAC, a group committed to fighting for democracy in Cuba, said the pair should have educated themselves about what`s really going on there before taking photo ops, reported TMZ.
According to him, the couple are oblivious to the tortures happening in Cuba on a daily basis and they should have known better.
Last Thursday, Jay and Beyonce were photographed in Havana, reportedly celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary.
But US citizens are still banned from visiting the country purely for recreational purposes. They are supposed to obtain a travel license from the US government.
And while the couple probably did that, according to some Cuban-American groups, their s holiday was insensitive and painted the wrong picture of the country.
Mauricio says he is disappointed the superstars chose to vacation in Cuba.
"There are women getting beaten on a daily basis, women who are being jailed for no reason ... People are fighting for their freedom. It is extremely insensitive."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!