Jay Z says racism still exists in America
Washington: Jay Z admitted that racism still exists in America while defending Trayvon Martin`s right to `stand his ground` with violent retaliation against unprofessional profiling.
The hip-hop icon endorsed Martin`s battery of George Zimmerman as legitimate self-defense against racial profiling and surveillance by the neighborhood watch volunteer.
The entertainment mogul told Rap Radar that Zimmerman may have won, but that doesn`t mean Trayvon was a criminal.
He also ridiculed and rejected the right to use a firearm to defend against a home invasion/robbery, the Washington Times reported.
Angry over the acquittal of Zimmerman on charges of second-degree murder and manslaughter in the shooting death of the 17-year-old Trayvon, the rapper said that Zimmerman`s surveillance of Trayvon was a form of predatory pursuit, which licensed a violent counterattack by the targeted teen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic