Jennifer Lawrence apologizes for `brain fart` during Oscar acceptance speech
Washington: Jennifer Lawrence, who won the best actress Oscar for her role in `Silver Linings Playbook,` has apologized to the movie`s director David O Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein for leaving them out of her acceptance speech.
The 22-year-old actress said to Russell in a statement to Entertainment Weekly "Thank you for the most incredible experience of my life. Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching me things about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor."
Then, addressing Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company, she said that he championed the movie and its story from early days and his passion and unyielding support gave the film the opportunity to thrive and touch so many people.
She asserted that she will never be able to forgive herself for such a brain fart, but hoped that the two could, Us magazine reported.
She added that what happened was not done on purpose, as she couldn`t remember what she had already said; her mind was completely blank during the most overwhelming moment of her life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of a crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut