Jennifer Lawrence`s stalker to remain in police custody
New York: Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence`s alleged stalker, Han Cong Zhao, will be held in police custody until his trial begins next month.
Zhao, 23, of Vancouver, Canada, was arrested in April for harassing Jennifer`s brother Blaine with over 200 phone calls, emails, and text messages.
US Magistrate Judge Dave Whalin concluded after a two-hour hearing in Louisville, Kentucky, that he could be a danger to her family and others if he was released on bail or flee to his native China, reported Huffington Post.
"Mr Zhao has no connections here and apparently not strong connections in Canada. The evidence is strong. He presents a danger," the judge said.
Zhao will appear before a federal grand jury by mid-October and is charged with interstate stalking and repeated harassing phone communications.
The defendant allegedly used computer programs to hide his identity and location when he first started contacting Jennifer`s brother in early April, but eventually travelled to her hometown of Louisville and gave his real name.
FBI Special Agent Nicholas Zarro said that many of the messages indicated the `Silver Linings Playbook` star was in danger, made references to the Bible, and some threatened her family members if they did not put Zhao in contact with her.
Jennifer`s family reportedly became extremely worried when he said `bad things` would happen, adding he `wouldn`t kill anyone for sure,` but `all hell`s going to break loose`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Preity Zinta shares keys to happiness - Here’s more about it