Jennifer Lopez`s extortion suit dismissed
Los Angeles: Singer Jennifer Lopez`s extortion lawsuit against her former driver has been dismissed.
The 43-year-old had filed a $20 million case against former chauffeur Hakob Manoukian in response to his own lawsuit against her in which he claimed that he was forced to resign from his job.
However, Los Angeles Superior Court Justice Joseph Kalin granted a motion from the driver`s attorney to strike Lopez` cross-complaint at a hearing Dec 21, reports contactmusic.com.
In her countersuit, the singer alleged that Manoukian became obsessed with power and wanted to control her entire security team and get more money for doing it. When he was turned down, the "On the Floor" hitmaker claimed he retaliated by threatening to spill confidential information that would be highly embarrassing.
Lopez says the driver threatened that if he wasn`t paid $2.8 million he would take his information to authorities and have her criminally prosecuted.
However, the ex-employee had claimed Lopez was trying to punish him for filing a legitimate employment lawsuit against her.
His case is scheduled to go to trial in May next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion