Jennifer Lopez`s extortion suit dismissed
Los Angeles: Singer Jennifer Lopez`s extortion lawsuit against her former driver has been dismissed.
The 43-year-old had filed a $20 million case against former chauffeur Hakob Manoukian in response to his own lawsuit against her in which he claimed that he was forced to resign from his job.
However, Los Angeles Superior Court Justice Joseph Kalin granted a motion from the driver`s attorney to strike Lopez` cross-complaint at a hearing Dec 21, reports contactmusic.com.
In her countersuit, the singer alleged that Manoukian became obsessed with power and wanted to control her entire security team and get more money for doing it. When he was turned down, the "On the Floor" hitmaker claimed he retaliated by threatening to spill confidential information that would be highly embarrassing.
Lopez says the driver threatened that if he wasn`t paid $2.8 million he would take his information to authorities and have her criminally prosecuted.
However, the ex-employee had claimed Lopez was trying to punish him for filing a legitimate employment lawsuit against her.
His case is scheduled to go to trial in May next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government should decide if banning actors can stop terrorism: Varun Dhawan
- Can you caption this PIC for Katrina Kaif? Yes, she's asking for it!
- Pakistani artistes controversy: MNS workers protest outside Karan Johar’s residence
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- MNS effect? Pakistani actor Fawad Khan secretly LEAVES India—Deets inside
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study