Jessica Simpson criticised over baby bikini shot
London: Singer-actress Jessica Simpson has sparked outrage among children`s campaigners after dressing her four-month-old daughter Maxwell in an "inappropriate" yellow bikini.
‘The Dukes of Hazzard’ star proudly showed off a photograph of her bikini-clad baby during a TV interview, attracting criticism from British child welfare charity Kidscape, reported Daily Mail online.
Simpson, who became a first-time mother in May, was slammed by the charity`s director Claude Knights for dressing the child in a "totally inappropriate" outfit.
"It is very disturbing to see a young baby presented to the world wearing a bikini. Celebrity choices carry great influence, as can be seen by the manner in which their accessories and manners are copied widely," Knights said.
"It is hoped that parents will understand that `baby bikinis` are totally inappropriate and that they contribute to the sexualisation and commercialisation of childhood. “We should not be compromising the sanctity of our children`s early years,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- These cheesy pick-up lines will surely help you impress your crush!
- Women still banned in this ancient Greek monastery, but why?– Read more
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?