Jiah Khan`s letter will be sent to handwriting expert: Police
Mumbai: A police officer has termed the controversy surrounding late actress Jiah Khan`s six-page letter as "media speculation".
Speculations were rife that the handwriting does not match Jiah’s handwriting. But the police quashed all rumours saying that no such statement had been released and that the letter would be sent for forensic examination.
"There is no new development as such. All these reports in the media which say that the handwriting does not match are media speculation. We have not released any such statement. The letter will now be sent to forensic experts," Vishwas Nangre Patil, Additional Commissioner of Police (West), said.
Jiah Khan committed suicide June 3 and before her death she reportedly wrote the letter in which she talked about her doomed relationship with alleged boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi, the son of actors Zarina Wahab and Aditya Pancholi.
Kavita, Jiah`s younger sister said: "This is all speculation. The letter was written by her only. Why would anyone do this for no reason?"
Sooraj was arrested June 10 in connection with the suicide of the ‘Nishabd’ actress is in judicial custody. His bail plea hearing is June 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia and I can say no to Karan Johar for a film: Varun Dhawan
- Rajinikanth's daughter Soundarya's car rams into auto-rickshaw, Dhanush saves her day
- Mahershala Ali to have two roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah': Tappu aka Bhavya Gandhi quits show
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals how to avoid negativity and her thoughts truly deserve an applause