JK Rowling named ‘most influential woman’ in UK
London: JK Rowling, who according to Sunday Times Rich List has a fortune of 530 million pounds, has been voted the most influential woman in the UK.
According to the National Magazine Company, the writer was chosen for her writing skills, persistence to succeed and philanthropic nature.
Leading magazine editors voted for the ‘Harry Potter’ author to help her clinch the top spot.
The top 10 women along with another 90 names with no particular rank order were included in the top 100 list.
“This list of the 100 most influential women in the UK today, as voted for by our editors, truly reflects the diversity and cross section of the brands that make up the NatMag portfolio,” the Telegraph quoted Arnaud de Puyfontaine, chief executive of the National Magazine Company, as saying.
“The UK is home to an incredible amount of inspirational women and we are lucky enough to have worked with a significant number of them through our various publications over the years,” he added.
The top 10 are as follows:
Cath Kidston, designer
Dame Vivienne Westwood
Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Best of your sex life begins at 40!
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check